ಅರುಣಾಚಲ ಪ್ರದೇಶ: ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತೆ ಮೇಲೆ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ; ದುಷ್ಕರ್ಮಿಗಳ ಬೆತ್ತಲೆಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಮೆರವಣಿಗೆ ಮಾಡಿದ ಗುಂಪು

4

ಅರುಣಾಚಲ ಪ್ರದೇಶ: ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತೆ ಮೇಲೆ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ; ದುಷ್ಕರ್ಮಿಗಳ ಬೆತ್ತಲೆಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಮೆರವಣಿಗೆ ಮಾಡಿದ ಗುಂಪು

Published:
Updated:
ಅರುಣಾಚಲ ಪ್ರದೇಶ: ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತೆ ಮೇಲೆ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ; ದುಷ್ಕರ್ಮಿಗಳ ಬೆತ್ತಲೆಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಮೆರವಣಿಗೆ ಮಾಡಿದ ಗುಂಪು

ಇಟಾನಗರ: ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತೆ ಮೇಲೆ ಸಾಮೂಹಿಕ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ ಎಸಗಿದ ನಾಲ್ವರ ಪೈಕಿ ಮಹಿಳೆ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ ಇಬ್ಬರಿಗೆ ಹಿಗ್ಗಾಮುಗ್ಗಾ ಥಳಿಸಿದ ಗುಂಪು ಅವರನ್ನು ಬೆತ್ತಲೆಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಮೆರವಣಿಗೆ ಮಾಡಿ ನಂತರ ಪೊಲೀಸರಿಗೆ ಒಪ್ಪಿಸಿದ ಘಟನೆ ಅರುಣಾಚಲ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಉಪ್ಪಾರ್ ಸಯಾಂಗ್ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ ಯಿಂಗ್‌ಕಿಯಾಂಗ್‌ನಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದಿದೆ.

ಈ ಘಟನೆ ಮಾ. 26ರಂದು ನಡೆದಿದ್ದು ತಡವಾಗಿ ಬೆಳಕಿಗೆ ಬಂದಿದೆ. ಇನ್ನಿಬ್ಬರು ಪರಾರಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ ಎಂದು ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಗಳು ತಿಳಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ.

ಮಾ.25 ರಂದು ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತೆಯ ಮೇಲೆ ಈಕೆಯ ಪ್ರಿಯಕರ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ ನಾಲ್ವರು ಗಾಂಧಿ ಅಣೆಕಟ್ಟಿನ ಕಾಮಗಾರಿ ಕಟ್ಟಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ ಎಸಗಿದ್ದರು ಎಂದು ಡಿಐಜಿ ಜಾನ್ ನೀಹಾಲಿಯಾ ತಿಳಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ.

ಆರೋಪಿಗಳು ಪಂಗ್‌ಕಂಗ್ ಗ್ರಾಮದವರೆಂದು ತಿಳಿದು ಬಂದಿದೆ. ಪೊಕ್ಸೋ ಕಾಯ್ದೆಯಡಿ ಪ್ರಕರಣ ದಾಖಲಿಸಿಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದು ಪರಾರಿಯಾಗಿರುವ ಆರೋಪಿಗಳ ಹುಡುಕಾಟಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ತನಿಖಾ ತಂಡ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿದ್ದಾರೆ.

ಈ ಘಟನೆ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಬೇಸರ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಪಡಿಸಿದ ಗೃಹ ಸಚಿವ ಕುಮಾರ್ ವಾಯ್ ಅವರು, ರಾತ್ರಿ ಕವಿದ ಮೇಲೆ ಅಪ್ರಾಪ್ತರು ಅಪರಿಚಿತರ ಜತೆ ಅಪರಿಚಿತ ಸ್ಥಳಗಳಿಗೆ ಹೋಗುವುದನ್ನು ನಿಲ್ಲಿಸಬೇಕು ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿದ್ದಾರೆ.

men were paraded naked by a mob in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh for reportedly raping a high school student, a top police officer said.

The two accused were thrashed and paraded naked by the mob, including women, in Yingkiong market area on March 26 before being handed over to the police.

Two others are absconding, the police officer said.

The 17-year-old girl was reportedly raped by four men, including her boyfriend, near the under-construction Gandhi Bridge on March 25, DIG (central range) John Neihalaia said.

The incident took place at around 8.30 pm at a place, about 6 km away from Yingkiong town and the police received information on the following day, the DIG said.

The accused are from Pangkang village.

The DIG said that a search has been launched to nab the two accused and a police team has been sent to Jengging in search of the duo, he said.

Terming the incident "unfortunate", state Home Minister Kumar Waii has sought the support of one and all to bring the guilty to book.

He also asked minors to avoid going out with strangers to unknown locations and travelling after dark.

"Such incidents are unexpected but could be tackled with coordinated efforts," he said and advocated that the civil society should be vigilant to ensure the security of girls.

Meanwhile, the Arunachal Pradesh State Commission for Women has asked the Upper Siang SP to nab the absconding culprits under the POCSO Act, 2012, and award exemplary punishment to them.

The APSCW also requested the family members of the culprits and society to cooperate with the police to deliver justice to the victim and her family.

This is the second rape incident in the town this year. A six-year-old girl student was reportedly raped by her teacher on February 22.

Cases of mob outrage and vigilante justice have surfaced in the state over the past few months prompting the state government to enact a legislation on March 16 which would provide death penalty to those convicted of raping girls below 12 years.

Earlier this month, a man accused of raping a 12-year-old was paraded naked around Daporijo town in Upper Subansiri district before he was handed over to the police.

A mob of around 800 people stormed into the Tezu police station in Lohit district on February 19 and dragged out a man and his accomplice accused of raping and murder of a five-year-old girl and lynched them in the market area.

ಬರಹ ಇಷ್ಟವಾಯಿತೆ?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry