TERMS & CONDITIONS
This PV Quiz (as defined below) is subject to the following terms & conditions (“T&C”), which may be
updated by The Printers (Mysore) Private Limited (“TPML”) (as defined below) from time to time
without notice to Participant (as defined below). The Participant confirms to have read the T&C at
www.prajavani.net. The Participant is entering into the PV Quiz at his/her sole discretion and free
will. The Participation or submission of entry in the PV Quiz shall be deemed as the acceptance of
the T&C by the Participant.
“TPML” means, a company within the meaning of the Companies Act, 2013 and
having its registered office at 7-12, Kumbalgodu Industrial Area, Mysore Road,
Kumbalgodu, Bangalore 560074 and corporate office at No 75, M G Road,
- “PV Quiz” shall mean the PV Quiz titled as Prajavani Quiz Championship.
- “Participant” shall mean the individual who participates in the PV Quiz.
- Prize” means the redeemable gift vouchers/cash prize/merchandise etc.
- This PV Quiz is valid for Indian citizens and Participants studying in Grade 8, 9, & 10
in the territory of Karnataka
- Students can participate in the PV Quiz with consent of school and parents/guardian.
- The employees of TPML and their affiliates, distributors, and dealers of TPML, the
sponsors of the PV Quiz, family members or the relatives of employees of TPML,
distributors, dealers, sponsors are not eligible to participate in the PV Quiz. Any such
entry, even if successful, would be deemed inadmissible for the purpose of this PV
3. PV Quiz Duration
The PV Quiz shall start on 27 th November, 2023 and shall continue unless terminated by
TPML. TPML reserves the right to terminate, extend or shorten the PV Quiz Duration at its
4. PV Quiz Process
- PV Quiz is a state level inter-school quiz championship.
- The primary level of competition will happen at 5 different centers: Bangalore,
Mysore, Mangalore, Hubli and Davanagere.
- Schools can choose the centers based on its convenience/comfort.
- The first level comprises a multiple choice elimination round from which top 6 teams
will qualify for the zonal finale on the same day at the same venue
- The zonal finale will be a staged multi-round quiz competition amongst the 6 team.
- From each zonal round there will be one winner and two runner-up. Only the winner
will qualify for the state finale that happens in Bangalore.
- The state finale will happen between 5 teams.
- The winner of the state finale will be entitled as PV Quiz Champions.
- The decision of the quizmaster will be final and binding.
5. Prize and Participation
- No entry fee is required to participate in the PV Quiz.
- To participate in the PV Quiz, the Participant will have to register on the website
www.prajavani.net or by filling and submitting the physical copy of application form
available at respective schools, with the consent from respective school and parents.
The Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that Participants usage of
the website www.prajavani.net shall be governed by the separate terms and
conditions located at the website www.prajavani.net.
- The winners will be chosen by TPML from all the Participants who have registered
and participated. The decision of TPML shall be final and binding. The winner will be
formally notified after the evaluation is done at the zonal venue. No correspondence
shall be entered into by TPML in relation to the binding and indisputable decision of
the PV Quiz. Each zonal round will have one winner and two runner-up. Only the
winner will qualify for the state finale that happens in Bangalore.
- TPML will not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy in the products/services
redeemed in lieu of the coupons/gift vouchers and the same would have to be
addressed to the sponsor/service provider/manufacturer directly. TPML shall not be
liable to replace/exchange the Prize/products/services at any stage.
- Decision of the TPML will be final and binding on all the Participants and no
correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for their value in cash or for other prizes. Each prize
shall have a validity period and the same can be redeemed with the respective
sponsors within such validity period as mentioned on the Prize. Further, any charge
over and above the stated Prize shall have to be borne by the Participant themselves
including without limitation travelling, prize collection/delivery charges etc.
- In case any Participant refuses to accept the Prize decided for him/her, his/her
participation to the PV Quiz will be declared null and void. No correspondence shall
be entertained in this regard.
- The Prize(s) are non-transferable.
- Only 2 teams from each school can qualify for the zonal finale.
- A tiebreaker question shall be shared in case where 2 or more teams have same
marks. Decision by TPML and Quriosity Knowledge Solutions will be final.
- The Participant shall exclusively bear any levies, duties, registration, insurance cost
and taxes, wherever applicable, on the Prize. The Participant shall be solely liable for
any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the
PV Quiz. All/any Government taxes on prize money (as applicable), shall be borne
by the winner(s) and all deductions, such as tax deduction at source (“TDS”),
wherever applicable, shall be made by TPML in accordance with the Income Tax Act,
6. Other Terms
- Subject to applicable laws, Participant hereby grants TPML, by participating in the
PV Quiz and/or accepting a Prize, the right to use, in perpetuity the Participant’s
information, publish and display Participant’s picture, statements, quotes which may
be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by TPML for advertising, trade,
publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all
without any additional consideration.
- TPML will use any personal information that the Participant provides in accordance
with applicable laws for the purposes of this PV Quiz and for any marketing or other
purposes. TPML may also share such information(s) with its affiliates, its service
providers and agents for the purpose of this PV Quiz. The information may also be
used by TPML for:
- i. recommending various products or services including those of third parties
- ii. dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints and Participant related
- iii. activities
- iv. marketing products and services and its analysis
- v. abiding with laws and law enforcement / regulatory requests
- TPML reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the PV Quiz and/or the
terms & conditions/technical parameters without prior notice in the event of
circumstances arising beyond its control that makes it necessary to do so. However,
any changes to the terms & conditions/technical parameters or cancellation of the PV
Quiz, will be updated/posted on www.prajavani.net. It would be the exclusive
responsibility of the Participant alone to keep themselves informed as to any
changes in the terms & conditions/technical parameters/evaluation criteria stated for
this PV Quiz.
- The PV Quiz is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. TPML expressly
disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. TPML does not
make any warranty that the PV Quiz and or emanating results will meet your
- TPML will in no event be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, special,
incidental, or consequential arising out of the PV Quiz or use of the Prize(s) given
through the PV Quiz, in the event any disclaimer is held invalid, the liability of TPML
under this PV Quiz shall not exceed the value of lowest single Prize.
- The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold TPML and/or or any of
their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees,
agents, vendors, responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses,
damages, costs, charges and expenses that the Participant may/might have
suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or
on account of participation in the PV Quiz or related to the Prize in any manner
- This PV Quiz shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
India. Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation and arising out of
this PV Quiz and/or pertaining to the rules and regulations of this PV Quiz shall be
referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by TPML in accordance with the provisions of
the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 and any subsequent amendment thereof. The
arbitration proceedings shall be held in English and the seat of arbitration shall be at
Bangalore. The arbitral award shall be final and binding.
- All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Bangalore courts only.